Hey, hey, hey!
Are you all ready and set to tackle your math centers during the month of January? Here in coastal NC we don’t get a whole lot of cold and snow, but nonetheless, us weather wimps, always find ourselves quite bored during the cold months. I miss the beach quite a bit.
I personally aim to make every January a more fun than usual month in every area, and my match centers are no exception!
Our BUILD math center routines are a super-dooper important part of our math workshop. I wrote about the BUILD management system here.
I ALWAYS want my students to be involved in engaging and rigorous activities when they are not meeting with me during our guided math small groups.
1. B Station: Two-digit Arctic Subtraction –> CCS 2.OA.1
2. U Station: Snow Pals Coin Combination–> CCS 2.MD.8
3. I station: Independent work printables –> CCS 2.NBT.1, 2.NBT.3, 2.NBT.5, 2.MD.8, 2.G.2, 2.NBT.5.
4. L station: Number Sense and Place Value Scoot –> 2.NBT.1, 2.NBT.3
5. D Station: 4 CGI type word problems Interactive notebook pages –> 2.OA.1, 2.NBT.7, 2.MD.6
6. B Station: Spin a Number String–> 2.NBT.6, 2.NBT.9
7. U Station: Measuring Polar Animals–> 2.MD.3, 2.MD.6
9. L Station: Chilly Skip counting –> 2.NBT.A.2
10.D Station: 4 CGI type word problems Interactive notebook pages –> 2.OA.1, 2.NBT.7
11. B Station: Penguin Number Strings –> 2.NBT.B.5, 2.NBT.6, 2.NBT.9
12. U Station: Measurement Number Riddles –> 2.MD.A.6, 2.OA.1, 2.NBT.7
13. I Station: Independent work printables–> 2.NBT.6, 2.NBT.9, 2.MD.9, 2.NBT.8
14. L Station: 2nd Grade Task Cards–> 2.NBT.A.1, 2.NBT.A.3, 2.NBT.A.5, 2.NBT.B.9
15. D Station: 4 CGI type word problems Interactive notebook pages –> 2.OA.1, 2.NBT.7