October BUILD Math Centers for Second Grade Common Core aligned
This is a 87 page file with 3 sets (enough for the whole month of October) of stations for second grade. This October Math centers for second grade pack contains 15 common core aligned math stations based on BUILD.
BUILD is a great rotation system that targets different mathematical dimensions and provides a perfect structure for guided math.
B: Buddy Games
U: Using manipulatives
I: Independent work
L: Learning about numbers
D: Doing math
These are the second grade activities and Common Core standards that you can find in this October BUILD math centers pack:
1. Skip count by 5s and 10s scoot CCS 2.NBT.2
2. Measure the Witch’s Broom CCS 2.MD.1
3.4 Independent work printables that target: place value, coin values, ordering 3 digit numbers, comparing 3 digit numbers.
4. Place value and number sense task cards CCS 2.NBT.A.1
5. 4 flaps with CGI word problems. Problem type for this round: Compare smaller unknown (fewer) One step CCS 2.OA.1
6. Money Riddles Scoot CCS 2.MD.8
7. Geometry Spooky necklaces CCS 2.G.1
8. 4 independent work printables that target: addition and subtraction, expanded form, word form, standard form, number sense.
9. Hundreds as tens cut and paste mats CCS 2.NBT.A.1.A
10.4 flaps with CGI word problems. Problem type for this round: Take From Start Unknown One step CCS 2.OA.1
11. Comparing Numbers Feast CCS 2.NBT.4
12. Place Value Puzzles 2.NBT.3
13. 4 independent work printables that target: Skip counting by 5s and 10s, graphing, measurement, adding and subtracting two digit numbers (no regrouping)
14. Two digit addition scoot CCS 2.NBT.5
15.4 flaps with CGI word problems. Problem type for this round: Take From Change Unknown One step CCS 2.OA.1
This set of October math stations for second grade will be all you need for your guided math block!
Thank you so much for considering my product!
© 2016, Where the Magic Happens. Math Centers for Second Grade OCTOBER Common Core – for single classroom use, please purchase multiple licenses (at a discounted price) at check-out for whole-grade or school-wide use.